This section contains Psalms 51-100 with numbers, chapters and text of individual verses taken from the King James Bible Online. Free, online access to study a short summary and the words contained in the chapters and verses of Psalms 51-100 from the Book of Psalms for Bible Study or Sunday School lessons. Click the links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of Psalms:
Psalms and Verses
Psalm 51 >>>
Click one of the above links to access the chapters and verses from Psalms 51-100 taken from the Book of Psalms.
The Poetry of Psalms
The words of many of the Psalms of David have been written in metre and put to music to be sung as hymns. Click the Poetry of Psalms to read these beautiful words.
Summary of the Book of Psalms - Psalms 51-100
The content of the Book of Psalms according to the King James Bible Online (KJV) contains a short overview of the main subjects, people, events and ancient topics in the following summary of this Book in the Holy Bible:
- Psalms is book number 19 in the Old Testament of the Bible. It contains 150 chapters.
- The Psalms are called by the Hebrews Tehillim meaning Hymns of Praise
- The word 'psalms' is derived from the Greek word 'psalmoi meaning "songs sung to a harp"
- The author of the Book of Psalms, of a great part of them at least, was King David but many are of opinion that some of them were made by Asaph and a variety of other authors
- Summary of the content of the Book of Psalms 51-100:
- The Second Book of Psalms consists of Psalms 42 - 72
- Psalms (42-72), 18 of which are ascribed to David and 1 to Solomon (the 72nd). The rest are anonymous
- The third Book of Psalms contains 17 Psalms (73-89)
- The 86th Psalm is ascribed to David, the 88th to Heman the Ezrahite, and the 89th to Ethan the Ezrahite
- The fourth Book of Psalms also contains 17 Psalms (90-106)
- The 90th is ascribed to Moses, and the 101st and 103rd to David
- The most famous of the Psalms 51-100 section are:
- Psalm 51, Have mercy on me O God (the Miserere) widely used in the sacrament of repentance or confession
- Psalm 82, God standeth in the congregation of the mighty is also chosen for church funeral services
Each of the Psalms 51-100 have a short summary and information for an on line Bible study course or biblical studies. These summaries also very useful for Sunday School lessons and Bible Study at home.
Psalms Bible Study - Psalms 51-100
The following verses from the Book of Psalms prompts the most interest from readers of Online Bibles and possibly of interest to people who are taking an on line Bible Study course or undertaking general Biblical studies or Bible study at home:
The above links provide instant access to the verses of particular interest from the Book of Psalms. We hope that these references prove helpful to readers of the Bible and those who are taking an on line Bible Study course or undertaking Bible study at home.
The Book of Psalms - Psalms 51-100
We hope that you find the complete content of the Psalms helpful to your Bible studies and for references which allow you to read the books and individual verses of the Book of Psalms. The Book of Psalms offers free, online access to study passages, for Biblical studies, contained in the words, text and verses of the scripture.
91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
91:3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
91:5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
91:6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
91:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
91:8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
91:9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
91:10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
91:12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
91:13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
91:14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
91:15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
91:16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
Personal Bibles for Biblical Studies
Online Bibles are an excellent study resource, especially for finding the words to a particular Psalm in the Psalms 51-100 section, but everyone appreciates their own Personal Bibles for Biblical Studies. There are numerous Bibles for sale and if you are looking to buy Bibles as gifts, or for taking Bible study courses, there are many to choose from including Childrens Bibles, King James Version Bibles, NIV Bibles, KJV Bibles, NKJV Bibles and new King James Bibles. There are even large print Bibles and Family Bibles including some beautiful Children's Bibles providing access to the Psalm of your choice.